17 Nov 2017
Professionals The Wright Team
Setting the Summer Scene!
We’re nearing the end of the spring season and over the summer months, it’s even more important to want your home to stand out to potential buyers, so you’ll need to put in the extra effort.
The first impression is key for buyers. You need to make sure there are no issues with the property upfront, such as a broken fence or chipped paint.
If you’re looking to maximize your sale price, it’s crucial to take time, de-clutter, clean, and make any repairs. It’s important to put effort into overall presentation.
Steps to follow leading up to an open house:
- De-clutter and store unused items– Find a new place to keep all of the items or furniture that just take up space. A storage unit is a good option to keep things that you don’t need while you are selling your home.
- De-personalize– It’s a smart idea to hide away sentimental or personal items that might be hanging around your home. Family photos can be a distraction when buyers are trying to picture themselves living in a property. Plus, sellers usually prefer to keep items out-of-sight that give away their identity.
- Make repairs – check the entire the property for anything that needs to be fixed. Even something small like a broken light can bring down the overall appearance of your home. If you notice any problems with the paintwork, consider applying a fresh coat before showing your property.
- Clean – On the day of an open home, a property should shine from top to bottom on. Take time to clean all surfaces and make sure to wipe away dust and cobwebs from high ceilings and fans. If you aren’t super confident in your cleaning skills, a professional cleaner might be a smart investment. Arrange furniture – Furniture is key in an rooms overall appearance. It has to have the right proportions so it can enhance the entire space. You should remove any oversized furniture and adjust placement so it isn’t blocking walkways. Remember, a furnished property helps buyers visualize how they can use the space themselves. You can even use a professional staging service for furniture placement
Steps to follow immediately before showing your home:
- Clean again – It never hurts to do a quick walk-through of your home before showing it. Tidy up any counter-tops, vacuum and put away any unused items.
- Place centrepieces on tables – Set the scene in your living room or dining room. Place centrepieces on the tables such as candles, flowers, or a fruit bowl.
- Makeup beds – Take time to make all the beds around the house. Ask everyone to pitch in if needed. You can even purchase new linen if you want an instant update in bedrooms.
- Let in light – To make the property more inviting and warm, open curtains and doors to let in natural light. Turn on the inside lights and maybe add a mirror to open up the room.
- Add finishing touches – Add any last minute touches before you walk out the door on inspection day. Think about things that will make the property feel more comfortable for visitors.
If you’re looking to purchase a home in Balga, Mirrabooka, Girrawheen or Koondoola, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Professionals The Wright Team (08 9349 4655) for further information.
Professionals The Wright Team located in the heart of Balga & services the entire region with a particular focus on suburbs including Balga, Girrawheen, Westminster, Mirrabooka or Koondoola.